Breathe Technology Privacy Notice
This notice sets out how we, Breathe Technology LTD will use your personal data so we are transparent with you and you feel that you are in control of your information. Please read this notice with care as by using this site you agree this privacy notice.
If we need to make specific changes to the privacy notice, we will notify you as and when is necessary to ensure that you are kept informed.
Who are we?
- Breathe Technology Limited (registered office: The Workplace, Camboro Business Park, Oakington Road, Girton, Cambridge, CB3 0QH)
Other Breathe Technology owned trading names in the UK:
The Data Protection Officer for Breathe Technology has high-level responsibility for monitoring compliance with all relevant data protection regulation, including the use and processing of your personal information, relating to our GDPR obligations. They are also the lead contact for the main data protection regulator The Information Commissioners Office (ICO) with regard to potential complaints or breaches of the regulations by Breathe Technology.
What information do we hold?
The personal data that we hold on you includes:
- Your title
- Your first name and surname
- Organisation Name
- Organisation Address
- Your Telephone numbers
- Email address
- Bank details if you we are your customer
- We do not keep card information if you purchase from us, as we use intermediaries such as Paypal and Sagepay.
- IP addresses
- If you have a managed services or product support contract, we will hold information on your network
- Some of your internal files and folders may be hosted with us. We would not interact with the information unless you specifically request this. The connectivity to us and the appliance will be encrypted to the highest industry standards.
Why we gather the information that we obtain
Our basis for collecting and processing the personal data obtained from you will only be used for the following reasons:
- The data is necessary for the performance of a meeting or quote that you have requested
- The data is necessary for the performance of a contract and supply of hardware, software to which you are party to and have taken steps in entering this contract e.g. setting up or agreeing to be set up via our websites, over the phone, email or other forms of social media.
- You have provided your explicit consent to allow us to process your personal data for any other specific reasons
- We may send you information that you haven’t explicitly asked for but we believe that the information is relevant and of legitimate interest
How do we use your information?
We will use your information for the following reasons:
- Supplying the hardware, Software or Services you purchased
- Servicing and managing your Managed Services or Support Contract
- Replying to your requests for information
- Providing you with relevant information regarding our products and services
- Sending you the information relating to our ‘IT Challenges’ Service
- Contacting you with regard to your products, services, annual renewals of licensing and support
- Marketing purposes to contact you in regards to Breathe Technology and our Vendors products, offers and services that may interest you or profiling to ensure we are contacting you appropriately in connection with your I.T.
International transfers of data
We will only provide your information outside of the UK if its necessary for the following reasons:
- To be able to provide you with Hosted/Cloud Based Products and services such as Hosted Telephony, Microsoft Office 365, Microsoft Azure
Who we might share your information with and for what purpose
- Regulatory bodies when it is necessary to do so to ensure compliance with relevant legislation or an enforceable government or police request. We may also share your data with fraud prevention databases or companies when helping to prevent fraud and financial crime
- With a Service Provider, Hardware or Software Vendor that you have purchased equipment, software, licensing or a service from.
All individuals have rights under data protection legislation which are listed below. Breathe Technology have measures and processes in place in order to deal with any requests made when exercising these rights.
- Your right to access the personal data we hold on you. You can request all data we hold on you. You have the right to contact us to request this using one of the contact method stated below. We will review this and provide you with this information at the earliest opportunity and at least within 30 days from receipt of your request.
- The right to rectification if your personal data is inaccurate or incomplete. We strive to ensure that we have the most accurate and up to date data, however, please advise us as soon as possible, if any of the information we hold on you is inaccurate.
- The right to request that your personal data is removed or deleted where there is no legal basis for this data to be processed any longer.
- The right to restrict the processing of your data When you want to contest the accuracy of the data we hold on you or you object to the processing in some way or you feel the processing of data needs restricting because it’s unlawful.
- The right to obtain and reuse your personal data for your own purposes across different services or organisations if this is technically viable
- The right to object to the processing of your personal data based on legitimate interests or the performance of a task in the public interest, direct marketing or for the purposes of scientific/historical research and statistics
- The right to withdraw your consent that you provided to us at any time (Please note that if you withdraw your consent we will be unable to process anything on your insurance policy including a claim or complaint)
- The right to lodge a complaint about the processing of your personal data with a Supervisory Authority The relevant Supervisory Authority is The Information Commissioners Office (ICO), please visit their website which advises the best method to contact them, www.ico.org.uk
To exercise any of your rights mentioned above or with any specific queries on the personal data we hold on you, please contact us by post or email on the below details:
The Data Protection Officer
Camboro Business Park
How long do we keep your information for?
We will not keep any personal data longer than necessary for the purposes that we are processing it. We will have certain periods of retention for some personal data for example:
We retain our customer information for 6 years after the project is done or contract terminated as this is the time that our customers are typically required to keep their data.
We are committed to protecting your privacy and take our responsibilities regarding security of personal data very seriously. As your details are sent to us they are encrypted using a system called Secure Socket Layer (SSL 128bit). You will see a padlock symbol at the bottom of all pages on our website to confirm this.
SSL serves three purposes…
- It prevents impersonation so you can be certain you are dealing with us (click on the padlock to view our Registration Certificate).
- It encrypts data so that others cannot read it.
- It prevents others changing data that is being sent.
In addition, your data is stored behind a firewall on our internal systems; this prevents unauthorised people from gaining access to it. As we offer security products and services, we have a very good understanding of building and maintaining secure systems and we are Cyber Essentials Certified.
This is a Government backed, industry-supported scheme to ensure businesses protect themselves against online threats.
Access to our internal systems are restricted to breathe Technology staff only. Our Laptops are encrypted and relevant processes and policies are in place to keep our systems secure.
The data is backed up and held in a secure manner whilst ensuring that the data is easily accessible by the customer for access purposes if required.