IT For Education
Leading Education ICT specialist for:
- ✓ Infrastructure projects
- ✓ Hardware and Software Supply
- ✓ Managed IT Support
We work hard to deliver the best Infrastructure Projects and Managed ICT Support that money can buy and have a great track record within Academy trusts, Individual Schools, Colleges and Private Schools.
“Breathe Technology understands the importance of technology within education and have helped our school to deploy a secure network that we can rely on. The team are always on the other side of the phone when we need them and provide excellent It Support!” – Andy Walker, IT Director Kimbolton School
Some of our Education sector customers
What makes us the best?
We provide a more personal service
We pride ourselves on being the best at what we do. Don’t believe us…ask our customers. If you need a reference, we would love to introduce you to some of our existing schools.
Some customers outsource their IT completely, others need a really good ‘level 3’ helpdesk for their IT Manager or Technician. We can fit in with your structure and ensure you receive an amazing quality of service. It doesn’t have to break the bank either. Our project team will surpass your expectations and impress you with our technical ability and project experience, specifically in the Education Sector.
We have the Ultimate Skillset
All our engineers have a minimum of 5 years high end IT Project and Support experience when they join. They then undergo rigorous development, that we call the Technical Mastery Programme.
Our skillset includes: Connectivity, Cyber/Network Security, Safeguarding Cloud Solutions, On-Premise IT, Servers & Storage, Virtualization, Backup and Disaster Recovery, Communications (Hosted and SIP), Desktop including VDI and Mobile Computing.
What’s included in our Managed Support?
Firstly, we do not believe in limiting your support. That’s why we have only one package. You get all the service at best value. However, there are some options you can add or remove, like how many visits you have or perhaps you don’t need the Strategic IT Support that we call our Virtual IT Director. Some schools also choose our DPO service and very cost effective offsite backup.
The Breathe Easy Package
- Dedicated Team (Technical Lead and Account Manager)
- Level 3 Helpdesk
- Unlimited Remote, Email, and Telephone Technical Support within Business Hours.
- 24/7 Monitoring and Alerting
- Free after hours ‘Break Fix’ of mission critical systems
- Site visits are performed by your ‘Technical Lead’ Engineer (You can choose when and how many visits. This is an optional component)
- Pro-Active management
- Cyber Security and Safeguarding Skillset
- Site Visit Report after every visit
- Monthly Pro-Active Management Report
- Annual Network MOT, review service
- Service Level Agreements (SLA’s) on services provided
Options to choose from:
- Virtual ICT Director – Strategic Support for the Business Manager/Finance Director. Bridging the gap between the IT Dept. and SLT
- How many site visits you need. Some schools have an Engineer on site full time. Others such as a few Academy Trusts have a team on site but need a Level 3 Helpdesk for escalation. They also use the resource to help service the various schools in the Trust that cause a logistical nightmare.
The Virtual ICT Director Service
“Although we present great value for money, we are not overconfident in saying we work hard to be the best.
70% of our time is spent in Academy Trusts, Schools, Colleges, Private sector, and Independent Schools. Yes we understand the education sector and the daily ICT challenges it faces.
But we are pretty awesome at delivering IT that works, presents best value, and supports the Learning and Teaching effort.”
- Craig van Aswegen, Breathe Technology, MD
Strategic support for SLT, ensuring they make the best decisions…
Guidance for the technical team, when they need it most
A director level consultant, highly experienced in the Education Sector, working with Academy or school leaders such as the Business Manager, Deputy Head, or Finance Director
Most schools don’t need an IT director all the time…
But there are times you do. Now you can have as much or as little as you would like…
- Provides strategic support
- Bridges the gap to achieve organisational goals
- Support for management tasks such as policies, GDPR, safeguarding, & audits
- Network design, security and safeguarding
- ICT policies and procedures
- Ongoing development and guidance
- Management of licensing and warranty renewals
- General ICT management advice
Our Technical Skillset:
- Network Switching (HP, Dell, Allied Telesis)
- Point to Point Radio & Laser
- Wireless (Xirrus, HP, Aerohive, Ignite)
- Connectivity (Leased lines, Black Fibre, Broadband and SIP)
Servers and Storage
- Server Hardware (HP, Dell)
- NAS & SAN Storage (HP, Dell, Synology)
Desktops, Laptops, Mobile & VDI
- Desktop, Laptop and Tablet Hardware (Most known vendors)
- Thin Clients & Virtual Desktops
- Apple Hardware
Education Specific IT
- Classroom Management
- Pupil Safeguarding (NetSupport)
- Email Security and Anti-Spam (Proofpoint)
- Cloud Backup including Office 365
- Microsoft Azure
- Microsoft Office 365
- Telephone lines and SIP
- Telephone Systems (Physical and Hosted/Cloud)
Cyber/ Network Security
- Prevent Duty
- UTM Security Appliances & Firewalling (SonicWall, SmoothWall, WatchGuard)
- Email Security & Archiving (Proofpoint)
- Anti-Virus (Sophos, Avast, Avira, Kaspersky)
- Endpoint Protection & Encryption (Kaspersky, Bitlocker)
- Patch Management, Network Vulnerability Scanning, Network & Software Auditing (GFI)
- Web & Application filtering (SonicWall, SmoothWall, WatchGuard, Fastvue), Safeguarding & Monitoring (NetSupport)
- Remote Access & VPN (SonicWall, SmoothWall, WatchGuard)
- 2 Factor Authentication (Dell Edge)
- Backup & Disaster Recovery (StorageCraft, Unitrends)
- Server Virtualisation (Citrix Zen, VMWare, HyperV)
- Desktop Virtualisation/VDI (NComputing, Dell Wyse)
- Mobile Device Management (MDM) (AirWatch, Meraki)
- Microsoft Licensing (Schools Agreements, Cloud Services such as 365 and Azure)
We deliver Support UK Wide & Some EU Countries
Our Cambridge HQ Serves
London & East Anglia (including Cambridge, Peterborough, Luton, Bedford, Milton Keynes, Northampton, Hertford, Watford, Stevenage, Bishops Stortford, Harlow, Chelmsford, Colchester, Ipswich).
Our Sheffield Office Serves
50 Miles around Sheffield, covering South Yorkshire.
We provide International IT Outsourcing & Managed Services
Europe Wide (currently in France, Germany, Austria, Portugal)
If you have a site abroad call us to find out about how we can deliver an efficient and cost effective service is the relevant languages with a UK centralised helpdesk team and EU based site engineers.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for references or to visit one of our customer sites. Alternatively, Chat to us now!
What are the next steps?
- Talk to us! Please use our number, email address or live chat manned by qualified Technical Account Managers.
- We would be more than happy to visit you for a no obligation meeting or please come and visit us to see who we are.
- If you did want to move your support, we can take the burden away by helping you migrate service providers and ensuring that you get all your documentation and licenses.
- Many new customers choose to do a network audit at this stage, so we know exactly what you have, where the issues are and we can create a great plan to get things rolling. Click here to see more about our audits.