The next question is, do you qualify? The following criteria applies:
- You are a SME, registered charity, social enterprise or sole trader
- Is Your business is within an eligible area one of the 22 cities taking part in the scheme.
- You are currently on 30Mbps or less
- Installation of your new broadband connection will cost over £100
- The connection is for your business premises. You can apply for a connection at home if this is your main work base, but this does not apply if you work from home occasionally
- You are willing to sign up to a minimum 6 month contract with your broadband supplier
- The broadband service you select delivers a speed or performance improvement on your current connection. There are some detailed requirements on speedthat you should check before applying
- You have not received more than around £120,000 in grants in the last 3 years
- The grant will only cover the initial installation cost of the connection. No on-going revenue charges will be included. The minimum grant amount available is £100.